Tuesday, May 15, 2012

day 8

Monday, May 14th

Today we didn't have any classes at UEF. Instead, we started out by going to Highlands Coffee, which is owned by Viet Thai International Joint Stock Company. We learned a bit about Viet Thai's business model, and they told us that they focus a lot on trust, transparency, and boldness. Viet Thai manages a number of franchises in Vietnam, and most of their partners are have a long standing connection with someone high up at Viet Thai. Strong business relationships are clearly a key to success! They also kindly treated us to coffee, which was once again delicious. Furthermore, since Viet Thai manages the Hard Rock Cafe in Vietnam, we got to eat lunch there! The American food tasted pretty good (I had a few nachos and some chicken fingers), but once again my stomach was not happy with me. Hopefully I will go back to rice - I actually like it and definitely don't mind having it at every meal. I might even miss it when I go home!

After lunch, we went to the War Remnants Museum. It was hard to look at a lot of the exhibits. Seeing the Vietnamese perspective on the war, it's almost surprising that we are so accepted here as Americans. I kind of wonder if the people in the museum who weren't speaking English were talking about us, but I'm glad that I couldn't tell if they were.

Later, we went out to dinner with our Vietnamese friends. We went to a Japanese sushi restaurant, and I have to say, it was way better than any sushi I have ever had before! Then again, I have only had Quick Zone and Cathedral sushi, so that probably isn't much to judge by. Regardless, the food was delicious, and I was very happy. After dinner we went out for ice cream again, which was also delicious.

At the Hard Rock Cafe... very excited about the Heinz ketchup!

Team YOLO!!

Delicious sushi.... only 55,000 dong!

At the sushi restaurant

Group shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment