Tuesday, May 22, 2012

home & reflecting

Sunday, May 20th & Monday, May 21st

Sunday was a pretty uneventful day - since I live 5 hours away from Pittsburgh, we stayed in a hotel overnight and then spent much of the day driving home. Once home, I had dinner with my family (and shared a bit with them about my trip) and took some time to chat with friends about how my trip was. I went to bed at a fairly normal time for me but.....

Monday I started feeling the jet lag. I don't know why it hit me at such a weird time! I slept fairly normally Saturday night and was awake at usual times on Sunday, but then Monday I was tired all day! I fell asleep at 9pm, and then woke up around 1am, no longer tired at all. I think it's going to take a few days to adjust, unfortunately. I did get a chance to skype with a few of the Pitt kids (aka Team Yolo) and some of our UEF friends, which was a lot of fun! I look forward to doing this a lot more over the summer, especially since most of Team Yolo lives in Pittsburgh and I do not :(

Overall, going on the Plus3 trip to Vietnam has been one of the best decisions of my life. It's not a place I would have ever gone if it wasn't part of a study abroad program, and now I can't wait to find an opportunity to go back. This is all thanks to our UEF friends, because they really made the trip for us. (And, of course, Team Yolo too. If you guys hadn't been so awesome I probably would have hardly enjoyed the trip at all). Going to Vietnam has also showed me how easy it is to connect with people, even when the language and culture are so different - and though I didn't get many bug bites on the trip, I was definitely bitten by the travel bug! If only I had the means, I would love to go all over the world... though I'm afraid I would be so sad because I would meet people that I would never want to leave everywhere I would go! I feel like I learned a lot from this trip, and not just about business and engineering. Hopefully I will get the chance to see everyone again some day, whether in Vietnam, Pittsburgh, or anywhere in the world!

silly faces on Skype :)

more people and more silly faces :)

miss you all... and also those not at our skype party :(



No comments:

Post a Comment